- NCAA consensus second-team All-American in 1966
- All-American Recognition: 1966 (Converse 1st Team, United States Basketball Writers Association 2nd Team, Associated Press 2nd Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 3rd Team, United Press International 3rd Team)
- Leading scorer and rebounder for third-place team in 1966 NCAA Tournament (26-4 record)
- Fourth-leading rebounder and fifth-leading scorer for 1964 NCAA Tournament runner-up (26-5)
- Named to 1966 All-NCAA Tournament team
- Averaged 15.3 points and 7 rebounds in eight NCAA Tournament games in 1964 and 1966 (6-2 record)
- Selected by the Baltimore Bullets in first round of 1966 NBA draft (5th pick overall).