- NCAA consensus second-team All-American in 1961
- All-American Recognition: 1960 (Converse 2nd Team) and 1961 (Converse 1st Team, United States Basketball Writers Association 1st Team, Associated Press 3rd Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 3rd Team, United Press International 3rd Team)
- Ranked among the nation's leaders in free-throw percentage in 1959 (8th) and 1961 (6th)
- Ranked 47th in the nation in scoring in 1959
- Second-leading scorer for 1960 NCAA Tournament champion (25-3 record) and 1961 NCAA Tournament runner-up (27-1)
- Named to 1961 All-NCAA Tournament team
- Averaged 15.9 points and 4.4 rebounds in eight NCAA Tournament games in 1960 and 1961 (7-1 record)
- Selected by the Cincinnati Royals in first round of 1961 NBA draft (3rd pick overall).