- All-American Recognition: 1971 (Converse 2nd Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 3rd Team, United Press International 3rd Team)
- One of six players to average more than 20 points and 20 rebounds per game in his major-college career
- Ranked among the nation's leading scorers in 1970 (tied for 24th) and 1971 (12th)
- Ranked among the nation's leading rebounders in 1970 (2nd) and 1971 (3rd)
- Did not play in NCAA Tournament
- Averaged 15.5 points in two NIT games in 1970 and 1971 (0-2 record)
- Selected by the Milwaukee Bucks in first round of 1972 NBA draft (12th pick overall) although he was already playing in the ABA after signing as an undergraduate free agent with the Virginia Squires following his junior season
- Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1993.