Patrick Henry High School
- NCAA consensus first-team All-American in 1948
- All-American Recognition: 1948 (Associated Press 1st Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 2nd Team) and 1949 (National Association of Basketball Coaches 1st Team, Associated Press 3rd Team)
- Ranked among the nation's leading scorers in 1948 (8th) and 1949 (22nd)
- Did not play in NCAA Tournament or NIT
- Did not play in the NBA although several franchises held his rights (Rochester, Tri-Cities, Milwaukee). He chose instead to get involved in the Youth for Christ Movement although he did play two seasons (1952-53 and 1953-54) with the Akron Goodyears in the National Industrial Basketball League.