- NCAA consensus second-team All-American in 1951
- All-American Recognition: 1951 (Associated Press 2nd Team, Converse 2nd Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 2nd Team, UP2)
- Second-leading scorer and third-leading rebounder for fourth-place team in 1951 NCAA Tournament (29-6 record)
- Seventh-leading scorer for 1949 NCAA Tournament runner-up (23-5)
- Averaged 8 points in seven NCAA Tournament games in 1949 and 1951 (4-3 record)
- Selected by the Minneapolis Lakers in fourth round of 1951 NBA draft (40th pick overall, did not play in league).