College of Idaho, Seattle
Phelps Vocational and Spingarn High School
- NCAA unanimous first-team All-American in 1958 and consensus second-team All-American in 1957
- All-American Recognition: 1957 (United States Basketball Writers Association 1st Team, Associated Press 2nd Team, Converse 2nd Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 2nd Team, UP2) and 1958 (Associated Press 1st Team, Converse 1st Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 1st Team, UP1, United States Basketball Writers Association 1st Team)
- Led the nation in rebounding in 1957 and finished 3rd in 1958
- Ranked among the nation's leading scorers in 1957 (3rd) and 1958 (2nd)
- Ranked among the nation's leaders in field-goal percentage in 1957 (26th) and 1958 (17th)
- Ranked 39th in the nation in free-throw percentage in 1957
- Leading scorer and rebounder for 1958 national runner-up (24-7 record)
- Final Four Most Outstanding Player in 1958 (48 points, 41 rebounds)
- Averaged 27 points in five NCAA Tournament games in 1958 (4-1 record)
- Selected as a junior eligible by the Minneapolis Lakers in first round of 1958 NBA draft
- Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1976.
- *Rebounds available for 24 of 26 games he played for the College of Idaho his freshman season, which was at the small-college level. The school is now known as Albertson College.