- NCAA consensus first-team All-American in 1958 and consensus second-team All-American in 1959
- All-American Recognition: 1958 (Associated Press 1st Team, Converse 1st Team, UP1, United States Basketball Writers Association 1st Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 2nd Team) and 1959 (United Press International 1st Team, Converse 2nd Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 2nd Team)
- Ranked among the nation's leading scorers in 1957 (32nd), 1958 (7th) and 1959 (7th)
- Ranked among the nation's leaders in free-throw percentage in 1957 (24th), 1958 (11th) and 1959 (18th)
- Averaged 25.8 points in four NCAA Tournament games in 1957 and 1958 (1-3 record)
- Selected by the Cincinnati Royals in sixth round of 1959 NBA draft (41st pick overall, did not play in league).