- NCAA consensus second-team All-American in 1944 and 1945
- All-American Recognition: 1944 (Converse 2nd Team) and 1945 (Converse 3rd Team)
- Leading scorer for 1944 NCAA Tournament semifinalist (14-7 record) and second-leading scorer for 1945 national semifinalist (15-5)
- Averaged 11.3 points in four NCAA Tournament games in 1944 and 1945 (2-2 record)
- Signed pro baseball contract with the Philadelphia Phillies prior to his senior season. Pitched briefly for them in 1945 and 1946 (1-1 record with 9.37 ERA).