- NCAA unanimous first-team All-American in 1950
- All-American Recognition: 1949 (Associated Press 3rd Team, UP3) and 1950 (Associated Press 1st Team, Converse 1st Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 1st Team, UP1)
- Ranked among the nation's leading scorers in 1948 (22nd), 1949 (13th) and 1950 (6th)
- Ranked among the nation's leaders in field-goal percentage in 1948 (12th) and 1949 (9th)
- Ranked 36th in the nation in free-throw percentage in 1948
- Averaged 21.5 points in two NCAA Tournament games in 1950 (1-1 record)
- Selected by the Washington Capitols in 1950 NBA draft.