- NCAA consensus second-team All-American in 1948
- All-American Recognition: 1948 (Converse 2nd Team, Associated Press 3rd Team) and 1950 (Associated Press 2nd Team, Converse 2nd Team, UP3)
- Ranked 31st in the nation in scoring in 1948
- Second-leading scorer for third-place team in 1950 NCAA Tournament (27-6 record)
- Averaged 15.7 points in three NCAA Tournament games in 1950 (2-1 record)
- Averaged 11.7 points in three NIT games in 1947 (third-place finish). Did not play in 1948 NIT game because of the mumps
- Selected by the Baltimore Bullets in 1950 NBA draft.