- NCAA unanimous first-team All-American in 1966 and consensus second-team All-American in 1965
- All-American Recognition: 1965 (Converse 1st Team, United States Basketball Writers Association 1st Team, Associated Press 2nd Team, United Press International 2nd Team) and 1966 (Associated Press 1st Team, Converse 1st Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 1st Team, United Press International 1st Team, United States Basketball Writers Association 1st Team)
- Ranked among the nation's rebounding leaders in 1964 (15th), 1965 (12th) and 1966 (8th)
- Ranked among the nation's leading scorers in 1965 (28th) and 1966 (38th)
- Led Vanderbilt in scoring and rebounding all three seasons
- Averaged 26 points and 17.5 rebounds in two NCAA Tournament games in 1965 (1-1 record)
- Selected by the San Francisco Warriors in first round of 1966 NBA draft (3rd pick overall).