Mackin High School
- Named national player of the year by AP and UPI in 1971
- Naismith Award winner in 1971
- NCAA unanimous first-team All-American in 1971 and consensus second-team All-American in 1970
- All-American Recognition: 1970 (Converse 1st Team, United States Basketball Writers Association 1st Team, Associated Press 2nd Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 2nd Team, United Press International 2nd Team) and 1971 (Associated Press 1st Team, Converse 1st Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 1st Team, United Press International 1st Team, United States Basketball Writers Association 1st Team)
- Ranked 2nd in the nation in scoring in 1970 and 1971
- Ranked 25th in the nation in field-goal percentage in 1970
- Ranked among the nation's leaders in free-throw percentage in 1970 (26th) and 1971 (29th)
- Averaged 41.3 points and 7.6 rebounds in seven NCAA Tournament games from 1969 through 1971 (2-5 record)
- Selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers in first round of 1971 NBA draft (1st pick overall).
- NOTE: Missed 11 games as a sophomore because of a broken foot.